History

1948

St. Paul's is founded by Pastor C. Wayne Peterman.  There were 96 charter members.

1949

The basement unit was built and dedicated in July

1950

Pastor Peterman resigned and Pastor George Wolfe began his ministry in October

1953

The chapel was dedicated in July.  Most of the work on the building was done by Pastor Wolfe.

1957

Pastor Wolfe resigned in May and Pastor Luther Clare began his tenure in July.

1962

The Education building was dedicated in September.

1966

While Pastor Clare was ill, we were served by Pastor Brewer.  He was an accomplished circus performer, trained in Europe.  

1972

Pastor Clare left in May and Pastor Bob Danielson began his ministry in February 1973.

1979

The new sanctuary was dedicated in September.

1986

Construction of Fellowship Hall was begun, it was dedicated in May 1987.

1987

Pastor Richard Schultz became co-pastor, and then took over for Pastor Danielson in 1989.

2005

Our worship space was renovated with new tile, carpeting, and upholstery.

2006

Our new organ was dedicated in October. We enjoyed Vicar Karen Parsh’s internship with us from January to September.

2007

We celebrated Pastor Schultz’s twenty years with us and he retired in July. Pastor Jan Marvar became our Interim Pastor in October.

2009

We were pleased to have a unanimous vote to call Pastor Scott Maxwell and his wife Candace Littell Maxwell to serve St. Paul's.

2012

Andrew Rainbow was hired as our Music Director, a very exciting hire for the music programs and the worship services.

2015

Stephen Ministry began serving those in need within our congregation.

2016

Pastor Scott Maxwell took a new call in Delaware and we hired The Rev. Anita Bernhardt as our Interim Pastor.

2018

We excitedly called Pastor Sami Pfalzgraf to our full-time pastor position. This is Sami’s first call in the ministry.

  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Twitter - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle
  • YouTube - Grey Circle
St. Paul's Lutheran Church

3108 Sterrettania Road

Erie, PA 16506

814-833-1761